Entering the Old Ghost Ultra requires explicit acceptance of necessary terms and conditions. Being very clear up front about how things will work in the event of any unforeseen or forced changes may help to save misunderstanding and disappointment later on.
The Terms and Conditions applicable to the Old Ghost Ultra are below. You'll be required to accept these during the entry registration process if you wish to participate.
1. I agree that I have entered this event at my own risk in all things including, but not limited to, accident, injury, medical event, and any damage or loss of any kind to person or property.
2. I agree that none of the organisers, sponsors, volunteers or any party associated with this event shall have any liability, financial or otherwise, which might arise, whether or not by negligence, from any direct or indirect loss or damage of property or person which might be sustained by me or any party directly or indirectly associated with me, from any intended or actual participation in this event or its related activities.
3. I indemnify the organisers, sponsors, volunteers or any party associated with the event from any liability resulting from any act or failure to act on my part.
4. I agree to abide by all event rules and any requirements included in the entry details as listed on the event entry form, website, programme, other material, and as advised at any time up to and including during the event. For the avoidance of doubt this includes any instruction by race marshals, course officials or medical staff and attendance of the compulsory pre-race briefing.
5. I authorise information given on the event entry form and/or my voice and/or image may be used for promotional purposes.
6. I confirm that I have made full disclosure of any matters that might affect my entry or participation in this event including any medical condition and that I authorise the release of this information in any circumstance that the organisers deem it necessary (acting in their discretion).
7. I accept that an "Act of God" or other circumstance such as, but not limited to, weather or natural events beyond the control of the organisers may require and result in changes to the course or cancellation of this event. I accept this will be at the sole and complete discretion of the organisers. If this is necessary, I accept that I will not be eligible for any refund of my entry.
8. I accept that no refunds will be paid to any entrant who fails to participate or fails to complete the course for any reason.
9. I understand and accept that no transfer(s) of my entry is permitted (i.e. entries cannot be transferred to another person for any reason).
10. I acknowledge and accept that withdrawals from the event will be subject to the following: Withdrawals from June 1st 2018 to October 23rd 2018 will be entitled to a full refund of entry fee (less a $50 administration fee); withdrawals from October 23rd 2018 to December 23rd 2018 will be entitled to a 50% refund of entry fee; and withdrawals after December 23rd 2018 shall not be entitled to any entry fee refund (i.e. 100% forfeiture).
11. Further to Condition 10 above, I acknowledge and accept that should I withdraw from the event for any reason after November 1st 2018, then any merchandise orders I may have made with my entry will not be refunded.
12. I accept that if I do not make the designated cut off times at the various Aid Stations along the course that I have no recourse for a refund. I further accept that, depending on the Aid Station location and/or circumstances to be determined by Race Officials, I may have to make my own way off the course.
13. I further accept that if for whatever reason I am not permitted to continue that I may have to share, part or total, in the cost of transporting me off the course. This may be by way of helicopter or whatever means the organizers deem is necessary at that particular time. In the interests of certainty and where these circumstances are non life-threatening (i.e. fatigue, capitulation or failure to meet the cut off times) and for the benefit of certainty, a maximum fee of $300 will be payable.
14. I confirm that I have the physical and mental aptitude to take on the Old Ghost Ultra with a high degree of confidence of completing the event successfully, safely and within the cut off times.
15. I confirm I have read and agree to be bound by these conditions as part of my entry.